Audiologists Are Professional Experts In Hearing Science

An audiologist is an autonomous professional with a Masters or Doctorate degree in Hearing Sciences. Audiologists are certified by the American Speech-Language Hearing Association and are licensed and certified to practice audiology and dispense hearing aids in the state of Washington.
The American Speech-Language and Hearing Association awards that Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A) after an individual has completed their education and passed a rigorous national competency examination.

Audiologists have the equipment and the expertise which allows them to recognize these medical problems and refer patients to ear physicians (known as otologists). If there is no medical intervention for your hearing impairment an Audiologist is trained to help determine the best hearing instrument for you based on your needs, lifestyle, and budget. Your Audiologist can then counsel and assist you in the use and care of your hearing aids. They can also provide an aural rehabilitation program to help you function within your social, educational, and occupational environments.